My dilemma

I have been feeling like this for quite some time (10+ years). Although, I am feeling better, every now it gets to me.
I am writing this blog for anyone who is feeling the same way.
I am from West Africa (Senegal). I have come to the US when I was 15 years old. So, which means I have a little experience living in Africa. My first 5 years in the US was naive, yet blissful. As I learned more about how this country functioned, I became more recluse and depressed. I know everything is about perception but my mind could not get around the fact that people are seen through the lenses of races and that people wear color as a meaning.
I know in certain cultures people are identified by tribes or religion.
Nevertheless, it is hard and blissful to meet people who can see you beyond all labels and enjoy you so much. And I would like to do the same for anybody.
It is so great to make the will of God complete -- to want nothing from another person but to love them unconditionally and to receive the same.
My heart has been longing for such kind of peace. I have been wounded by wrong labels. I received them most but I also gave labels many times.
It is time to end the insanity and to love every human being as human.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog