Is Tesla really cheaper than hybrid cars


Tesla has gotten a lot of hype.
The truth is it is not cheaper by the mile to drive a Tesla
According to multiple sites, the cost per mile to drive a tesla is around 5 cents.
Link is https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1090685_life-with-tesla-model-s-one-year-and-15000-miles-later

I have a 2016 toyota prius. I can get easily 60 miles per gallon. Now it is a 10 gallon tank. So I can drive 600 miles with it, enough to go from Ohio to New York without refuelling.
Now, price per mile. let's say $2.60 is the average price. So it would take me $26 to fill my tank
Price per mile 26/600 = 0.04 which is 4 cents per mile.
Totally beats Tesla
I don't have to worry about a charging stating after 200 miles
I don't have to worry about the battery losing charge (although I might after 10 years. )

Guys, it is a myth. Tesla is not better than hybrid cars.
Also, unless, a car can go 500 to 600 miles on a single charge, it is not worth the trip.
Like I have said, electric cars will get attention when they reach the 1000 miles charge which might not happen in the next 5 years given how charging capacity have been progressing.


Let's not forget depreciation costs. Electric vehicles depreciates much faster than other quality non electric vehicles (Honda, Toyota...)


For your online shopping , go to
www.purplebargains.com

cheaper than Ebay,
cheaper than Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

tribe